Monday, August 17, 2009

Baskets!



I love baskets! They are so useful and are great for storage and still attractive! I have baskets all over my house and I use them for multiple purposes. Maybe one of these will solve your home organization problem.
Basket #1: This basket is in my living room and is a low basket with a handle. I keep our dog's, Lola, toys in this basket. She is able to get all of her toys out easily on her own, but it also relegates her toys into one spot and she knows where to go to get them. Attractive and useful.
Basket #2 and 3: These are both in my living room as well. One is a wire basket (from Southern Living at Home) and I keep nice magazines and a photo album in this one for display. The other is buy our love seat and just holds regular magazines. Again, an attractive solution when you have several magazines or books in a room that you want in one spot.
Basket #4: This one is also in the living room, but is a tall narrow basket and I keep this one buy the piano and hold my piano books in it. They look attractive in there and it keeps all of them in one spot for me.
Basket #5: This was in my bedroom. It actually has some sentimental value because we bought it on one of our trips. This basket holds yarn that I am using to make a blanket, but the yarn balls are in the color of our bedroom. You could use a nice basket to hold colorful, decorative balls or balls of yarn.
Basket #6: This is actually in my pantry and holds baking goods. It's attractive and keeps all of those loose items in one spot and in easy reach for me. It also looks good!
Basket #7: This one is in our master bath, which is on the smaller side and short on storage. The basket is circular and we keep our bath towels rolled up and in it. They look good and attractive in that and they are in easy reach!
Basket #8: This one is in our bedroom and it is by my husband's dresser and side of the bed. I put it there to give him a spot to keep extra magazines and books that he hasn't finished with, providing him with one place to keep it all, rather than scattering them all over the room.

I haven't done this because I don't have a place for it, but I have also seen people use large baskets for their shoes by the front door, which is a great spot when you have little ones!

Hope this gave you a few easy and attractive ideas for storage for your own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment